Friday, February 11, 2011

Texas Twitter Tweeting Brought Me The News That Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Has Stepped Down As Egypt's President

Today is the second time Twitter was where I learned of some big news deal. I don't remember what the previous instance was, but I'll likely remember today's.

The Tweet that caught my eye and had me turning on my TV was "President Mubarak has stepped down as president of Egypt."

Reading the Tweets about Egypt stream into Twitter is borderline addictive.

Some of the Twitter Tweets....

"My sisters and brothers in Egypt: I am American. I am a father. I am a Jew. I weep in joy for you."

"Dammit. All of us at work want to see Egypt coverage, but THE MAN has blocked all video streaming. I need a mini TV at my desk"

"And the people of Egypt have spoken...we celebrate with Egyptians!"

"Soooooo proud of Egypt."

"This just in: "Hosni Mubarak steps down as President of Egypt. Cable news networks have simultaneous orgasm."

"Breaking: Omar Suleiman announces that Mubarak has resigned."

"17 days to take down a 30 year regime."

"Mubarak has stepped down as president. Egypt liberated and no bloodshed which is good."

"Congratulations, Egypt!!! The determination and ferocity of the people inspires billions around the world...now who's next?"

"Mubarak-ectomy is COMPLETE!! the monster is OUT!! Long live Egypt. Long live Egyptian youth!! ya rab yehmeekom le mar."

"My officemate from Egypt has commenced squealing in celebration. Congratulations Egypt, Mubarak is gone."

"Only took him 2 weeks but he finally got the message."

"Ahh Egypt. Welcome to the world of unrestrained capitalism. Sorry, democracy, I meant democracy."

"Well done Egypt! How about you come here and work on Cameron?"

"Soooo now Egypt is under military rule? I'm going to hold off my bottle poppin for a bit."

"Touchdown! Do a little dance. Drink a little wine. Get down tonight! Congratulations! Egypt, Love you sooooo much!"

"Good for you Egypt! But be vigilant. We kicked out our Mubarak only to have him replaced with Mwaibarak."

"Congratulations, Egypt, you showed me how the power of the people can triumph."

""Brothers & sisters of Egypt, you have given the world the most precious gift: the belief that ultimately right will prevail. Desmond Tutu."

"Mubarak has gone. Egypt is free. The trouble is only just beginning."

"Uninstalling dictator.....99% complete."

"You did it Egypt...the whole world is watching you, and is standing with you. Tonight the Liberty Bell is ringing loud & clear in Cairo."

"For the 1st time in Egypt's history we have an ex-president!"

"Governments should work for their people, not the other way around. Egypt proved that. Well done."

"America liberates Iraq from dictator, installs democracy: Americans angry. America doesn't remove dictator from Egypt: Americans angry."

"Tunis. Egypt. May Iran be next..."

"Egypt becomes free on the same day Lady GaGa releases Born The Way. Conincidence??? I think not."

"Unbelievable!! He's gone! Scenes of jubilations in Tahir. I will never forget this moment."

"Please wait while uninstalling rest of dictators of the world."

"Yeahhh! One less crook in power. Egypt is free! Great example that should contaminate other societies where dictators rule!"

"Egypt conquered. What next? Saudi Arabia?"

"Knowledge is power! People of Egypt have spoken. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win-Ghandi."

No comments:

Post a Comment