Monday, February 7, 2011

Declaring This "A Former Half Term Governor of Alaska Free Blog"!!!


Last week I posted two entries about Bristol Palin's mother, and after doing so I tossed and turned in bed and asked myself....."Why am I wasting my time on a person who knows so little about so much?" And I thought about getting out of bed, getting online, and declaring this an "SP free" blog for the immediate future.

But I didn't. And I should have.

I think the last straw was the botching of "the Sputnik Moment", and Greta Van Susteren giving her a pass on her ignorance during an interview on Fox News after President Obama's State of the Union message. And then came my moment of clarity....few Republicans or conservatives will publicly challenge her lack of knowledge on even the most basic concepts. And those on the left who criticize her are immediately labeled the enemy and the elites by the former Guv and her supporters.

So, again, I asked myself....why bother trying to shine a light on her ignorance to people who can't handle the truth, and keep on preaching to the choir again and again?

Earlier today, I mentioned my thoughts on Sue's blog in her comments section. I was feeling the effects of being Momma Grizzed out

And strangely....I wasn't alone. Little did I know Dana Milbank of The Washington Post had declared on January 21st that he was making February an "SP" free month. It seems that Milbank has written a whopping 42 articles or blogs about Momma Grizzly and has started feeling guilty about it.

Think about it. Every time any media pundit, journalist, talking head, or blogger mentions her she gets free publicity. And as it turns out, I'm as guilty as the next guy- between September 2008 and January 2011 this blog has tagged the former half term governor of Alaska 81 times!!!!!

Yeah, it shocked me too.

Dana Milibank has organized a campaign to make February an "SP" free month. And as I just TWEETED moments ago....I'm in!  Better late than never.

Momma Grizzly....no mas!!!!

Well.... at least through February....then go through Lent and on to Easter.

Let's take this one step at a time.

(Oh what the hell...I'll tag her! For old time's sake).

No comments:

Post a Comment