Thursday, February 10, 2011

Glad To No Longer Be Freezing In North Texas While Being Perplexed By Hosni Mubarak & Thinking Of Going To Disneyland

You are looking at a rare afternoon look through the bars of my patio prison cell, at my tropical pool surrounded by lush greenery.

And no ice or snow.

We have heated up to above freezing in formerly frigid North Texas.

With the Real Feel supposedly being 45. I don't quite understand how that works. But it sounds good.

Speaking of prison cells, I was watching the Egyptian Soap Opera during lunch and got hooked on continuing to watch so as to witness the spectacle when Hosni Mubarak went on TV to announce he was stepping down as President.

And then the speech came on and instead Hosni Mubarak seemed really out of touch with the reality of the chaos spinning around him. When he finally stopped talking, the hundreds of thousands who had been happy and celebrating, pre-speech, went into heavy duty angry disappointment mode.

I would think if I had a run as a dictator for 30 years, had accrued billions of dollars in ill-gotten gains and was in my 80s, I think I'd call it a day, get out of the country and go to Disneyland. Maybe making a tour of all the Disneylands in the world. But skipping that one by Paris.

Now it is time for me to get out of here and enjoy some of this balmy weather we are currently basking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment