Sunday, August 1, 2010

Change of Format; Comment Moderation Is On

Just a few quick words or on this first day of August.

Due to an increase in spamming on this blog, despite having the "word verification" tool enabled, I've decided to (a) limit all comment posting on this blog to registered users and (b) all comments will be moderated in the near future.

I didn't want to have to do it because all legitimate and relevant comments are welcome, even in disagreement. But when spammers decide to post comments including dozens of links to everything from aluminum siding to dog biscuits to templates, it's time to do something.

And to my fellow bloggers......there's some clown out there with the screen name "Replica Watches".....he's nothing more than a cyber version of the guy who used to sell crappy replicas under a his trenchcoat on rainy street corners back in the day. He's the worst offender I've seen so far, and is my candidate for "F&cking Idiot Spammer Of The Year".....I woke up with a migraine today, and that bozo just made it a little worse.

Sorry guys....maybe if and when things get back to normal I'll lift the moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment