Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard of 2010 Diary-Winding Down

Its about 9:30 PM, still snowing and wind is blowing at 10-20mph but it appears that the worst of the storm is over. I haven't done a measurement yet but New Brunswick had 10 inches of snow as of 5 PM, and there must have been a couple of more inches since. I'm guessing about a foot of snow, and its not quite over

My concern about falling trees and branches was justified....one of the pine trees in our back yard snapped in half from the weight of the snow and came crashing down. Luckily it didn't do any property damage- had it fallen in the opposite direction it would have flattened the fence of the neighbor behind us. When I was out there checking for damage I heard other branches breaking all around me. Its going to be a mess out there when the shooting stops.

The linguine and sausage for dinner......mmmmmm- mmmmm good!

The Rutgers women did play Seton Hall at the RAC, I was listening to it on the radio- I'm a season ticket holder, but it was too nasty out there and the roads need to be plowed- AGAIN.

RU won, 54-44, with Brittany Ray scoring 19 points. The 8,000 seat RAC had approximately 75-100 fans who braved the storm, according to radio commentators Ed Cohen and Mark Peterson.

Now those are some superfans! Let e'm sit behind the bench for the next home game!

No comments:

Post a Comment