Monday, February 1, 2010

Back From A Weekend Off- Courtesy of My Cable Modem

So, ladies and gents.....before we were so rudely interrupted............

Saturday I was about to log on and say something earthshaking.....and I was unable to do so. I kept getting an "error" page from COMCAST. My connections were OK. Obviously I had power. The cable bill was paid. No viruses had knocked out the old Black Box. The computer passed every last diagnostic test known to mankind.

I would get online everytime, but always to an "error" page. Changing browsers didn't help either. So on Saturday I decided to give it a rest and try again Sunday.

And on Sunday I said "I'll do it on Monday" because I didn't want to call the weekend shift at COMCAST with my problems.

So this morning I tried one last time.....multiple times.....until I tried the using the COMCAST DESKTOP DOCTOR 's FAQ to see if they had any answers.

"Push the RESET BUTTON on the back of the modem", they said.

Duh!!!! Just like magic. So simple a cavem....., oh never mind!

Be back later. I have 83 emails to discard.

No comments:

Post a Comment