Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Personal Disclaimer Of The Ads From The Republican Governor's Association On This Site

Opinion
Once again the Republican Governor's Association has decided to place advertising on UT&MR and once again I must make this clear to my readership; I have no control over who decides to buy advertising for placement on this blog.

And that troubles me.

After Governor-elect Chris Christie's win in New Jersey I took a moment to wish Mr. Christie luck in repairing the damaged economy of New Jersey. I did that because I believe it to be the right thing to do. Wishing for failure of New Jersey's Chief Executive can be deemed childish or unpatriotic..... or just plain stupid. To wish for failure of leadership is a stance taken by some of the extremist media gasbags- by extension, it is cheerleading for the failure of our citizenry.

And to resort to personal attacks, and trying to de-legitimize an elected official on a campaign of false accusations, as has been done by some in the political landscape, is wrong as well.

To borrow a line from "Homey the Clown"....."Hugh Jee don't play that". I don't want to go there.

The Republican' Governor's Association has begun placing ads on this blog crowing about their victories in Virginia and in New Jersey. Let me make this clear- they are doing this without my approval. That is GOOGLE's call.

To take it a step further, I find some of the members and former members of the RGA, in recent years, to be some most troubling people I've seen in the last thirty years in American politics. Much of that has to do with whom they have chosen to ally themselves with, and which agendas they represent.

And I am not in their camp, nor will I ever be.

If they wish to advertise on a blog that doesn't agree with their politics, its their call. I can't stop them.

But I can....and will....talk about them.

Because this is a free country....and this blog is my voice.

"Hugh Jee"

No comments:

Post a Comment