Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas (and Other Forms of Temporary Insanity)


Crazy Whacked Out "Countdown To Christmas Rant, #1"

Ten more days.

Then I can breathe again.

My brain, once brimming with the insightful witticisms of a typical, swarmy, smart allecy, know it all, online amateur pundit has completely turned to mush. And I'm sure certain conservative Republican types are probably muttering to themselves....."it's a big improvement".

All I can say is....thank God Christmas is only once a year, and Happy Birthday, Jesus. Because maybe the ailing economy can use the influx of cash to regain some semblance of health, but the holidays......and I'm trying not to be Scrooge-like here....are starting to make me feel like I'm on a treadmill that's gone beserko, and I can't stop the dang thing, and the gym attendant went out for a quick smoke while no one is watching.

OK...I love Christmas Day, and friends and family and the festive atmosphere. I just dislike some of the preliminary events leading up to it, and the DEADLINES, both imposed by others and ourselves. Like the last day to mail cards, parcels, decorate outside, decorate inside, get the house cleaned before such and such date, plan dinner (or cheat and go out like we will this year....I need a break!)- and oh yeah, I almost forgot. Christmas shopping!  I know. I'm the guy who mocked people out for Christmas shopping after the 4th of July. I still think they're crazy....but kind of smart, if that makes any sense at all.


What I'm trying to say to you, oh loyal readers....the Ole Hugh Jee is getting buried alive by Christmas cheer.....and I'm trying to dig my way out, and I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel......and it's an out of control HO scale train set heading in my direction.


So if I don't have any comments on the news of the day, or remain strangely silent for days, or even a week at a time....blame it all on good cheer of the holidays. Because I really am not dealing with a full deck at this point anyway, and probably will not be "normal" until after New Year's. I'm sure you're feeling the same way.....what's even scarier is that we have guys in Washington with the same problem, and they vote on legislation that will affect us all for years!. "Lame duck sessions", with "lame" being the operative word.

But I am thankful, even so, for good health, friends and family....and most of all, for Sam Adams Winter Lager, this man's best friend during the Countdown To Christmas.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment